Subject: Re: Newbie Resource for PC-LW
From: Robert Cohen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Lightwave Post <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 20:40:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> Howdy, Lightwavers, and other Animators:
> 
> Question:  As a PC-Newbie, I have many soft- & hardware questions that are  
> probably NOT best
> brought up nor answered in a animation specific group (contrary to those jerks 
> and their never
> ending Mac/PC religious war).  So, what IS the appropriate newsgroup to ask 
> egregiously  naive
> PC-related questions?

I don't use any of those speed demon machines as I am still stuck with my 
Amiga for now ;(  But I don't find anything wrong about asking questions 
about the hardware/software configurations that are required to run 
Lightwave.  While many feel that this stuff is off topic, I think that 
this information may be as importand as the LW specific info, because if 
you can't get your machine up and running, all else is moot.  
Furthermore, others may be considering the purchase of another platform 
(gee, what would give me that idea ;))  and this information would be of 
some value here.  I personally find that hearing about others problems 
(or successes) with "higher end" gear is invaluable information and could 
perhaps save others some cash and aggrevation.  

So...... Unless the moderators of this list tell you not to ask those 
types of questions, just keep em comming.  There is always going to 
someone who will flame you for one thing or another.  Unless it's the 
moderator..... Just ignore them ;)))

***************************************************************************

Robert Cohen / Ocean Township NJ	Lightwave Animator / Video Editor

  		[email-masked] / [email-masked]

***************************************************************************

--
Robert Cohen <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]